The world’s first computer network is called ARPANET. It was the first general-purpose, large-scale computer network. Through which different computer devices are connected to each other.
For the first time on October 29, 1969, ARPANET sent a message from one computer to another for a node to the node communication medium. And the message that was sent was log in.
How is the Network Created?
A network creates when one computer connects to more than one computing device. Creating a network basically requires 5 basic elements.
Because the combination of these 5 elements creates a network. The components are –
- Transportation media
Using the above 5 components together creates a network. Then hopefully friends will easily understand how the computer network was created or created.
Computer Network Devices
If a network creates then there are different types of network devices but connected. Data or information exchange through different computer devices. [FUNCTION OF COMPUTER NETWORK]
We need to use some network devices to connect the two networks and for networking, they are –
- Computers, Servers, Mainframes
- Smartphones, Tablet, PDAs
- Cameras, Printers, Fax’s
- Network Interface Cards
- Other Clients
Types of Computer Networks?
There are many types of computer networks. These divide by size, location, and how many computers can connect together over time.
Thus a network allows computers all over the world to connect to each other, starting from a small space. So let’s get to know the types of computer networks directly.
- PAN (personal area network)
- LAN (Local area network)
- WAN (wide area network)
- MAN (metropolitan area network)
PAN (personal area network)
- Used to communicate between personal computer devices.
- There is no pair of this network for small personal needs at home or office.
- The cost is low.
- Can easily make it anywhere with less hassle.
- Quite helpful for fast data exchange.
- Its range limited to a few meters.
- Noise does not have an effect.
- Computer buses such as USB or FireWire can connect to it.
- It is possible to create a little wireless personal area network or WPAN with wireless network technology.
- This network can create in a very short distance.
LAN (Local Area Network)
- At present, data exchange at speeds up to a maximum of 1 GB per second. However normal speeds are
- up to 10 – 100 Mbps.
- Computers connect through class connections.
- This network can easily create in small areas.
- LAN is best for building networks for various office work.
- The network is easy to set up and maintain.
- The cost is low.
- Easy to use.
- Access is available on many devices.
- Repeaters, hubs, network interface cards can use to increase network efficiency.
- Computers on this network can provide wired or wireless connections.
WAN (Wide Area Network)
- Email can send to any part of the world.
- Online shopping can do.
- A Cloud computing facility is available.
- Various information, magazines, books, movies, etc. can collect and used.
- Bulletin boards can form individually or collectively.
- Voice and video communication can do anywhere in the world at a low cost.
MAN (Metropolitan Area Network)
- The various sites connected to the metropolitan area network are spread over the same city or its environs.
- Gigabit per second (Mbps) speeds can be found through the Metropolitan Area Network and even gigabit per second (Gbps) in some cases.
- This creates a connection between multiple LANs.